With Spoonflower, you can print your favorite design on almost any type of fabric in our Marketplace. However, be on the lookout for artist notes on the product page. Some designs need to be printed on wider fabrics so they are not cut off.
Ordering Fabric from the Marketplace
To place an order, you will need to select the fabric type, the fabric size, and the quantity of pieces or length of continuous fabric. Once you have made these selections, you can add the item to your cart.
Step 1: Choosing Fabric Type
After you have chosen a design, you will need to select the fabric type for your order. There will always be a default fabric listed and it sometimes changes from one design to the next, so pay close attention to be sure it is the fabric you want! The default fabric is chosen by the designer so in some cases, they have chosen this based on the layout of their design and the width of the fabric.
- Click the small arrow in the FABRIC field to open the Select a Fabric menu
- Type the fabric into the Quick-search fabrics field or scroll to view your options
- Click Select next to the fabric you want and return to the product page
Step 2: Fabric Size and the Image Preview
- Test Swatch (8" x 8", 20 cm x 20 cm)
- Fat Quarter (1/4 of a yard - please note size can vary based on fabric width)
- Yard/Meter (one yard/meter, or whole number increments)
The width of each fabric type will vary and the printed dimensions for each size are published in the (4.) SIZE section on the product page (see image above). When you change the size of the fabric, the scale of the design in the image preview window will change as well. Pay close attention to the units of the rulers in the images below.
These two images accurately represent the scale of the Spoonflower color map on two different sizes of fabric. The left image shows how much of the design will be cut off when printed on a Fat Quarter, while the right image shows that the entire design will print on a yard. This is because the Spoonflower Color Map design was engineered to print on a full yard of fabric.
Pay attention to the preview image! When a design appears to be cut off or shows white space in the image preview, this is how it will print.
This means that designs will not be rescaled to fit on different sized items. The slight waves are to protect the artist’s copyright.
NOTE: We are not able to print in half yard increments, but you can create a Fill-A-Yard® project to have more than one design printed on a yard of fabric.
Step 3: Selecting Fabric Size and Amount
After confirming the image preview layout, follow the steps below to make sure you choose the correct item for purchase.
- Select your desired SIZE while noting if there are (1b.) artist recommendations.
- Enter the quantity in QTY *
- Click Add to Cart
* - The meaning of QTY varies by fabric size. Review Keep in Mind below.
Keep in Mind:
- Fat Quarters are printed and cut individually. If you select Fat Quarter and enter "4" in AMOUNT, you will receive four separate, identically printed Fat Quarters. Learn more here: Fat-Quarters-101
- For continuous yards/meters, select Yard/Meter and enter the continuous desired length into AMOUNT. For example, entering "4" into this field will print 4 continuous yards/meters.
- For individual yards/meters, keep in mind that the cart will combine all items with the same design and fabric into continuous yardage. If you need separate pieces, you need to place a separate order for each piece with the same design and fabric. For example, if you want four 1-yard pieces, enter "1" for AMOUNT, click "Add to Cart" and check out. Then, repeat this for 3 additional separate orders.
See also: Shipping Rates and Delivery Options
See also: Order Status and History
See also: How long will it take to get my order?