We are happy you have made the decision to share your work with the Spoonflower community. Narrow in on the various tasks and articles below as you prepare to sell your work in the Marketplace.
Set up your Shop for the Marketplace
Link your PayPal account to receive commissions
Blog: Spoonflower Seller Handbook
Prepare Your Designs
- Create your designs, saving them at the dimensions you want for printing, at 150 dpi. Find links to all design articles here: Designing & Uploading
- Now that you’ve created your design, upload it to Spoonflower: Uploading Images
- It is good practice to set up descriptions and tags when you first upload designs: Preparing Designs for the Marketplace
- You must order, review and personally approve a proof of every design before making it for sale: Proofing Your Design
- After receiving your first order or proof, make any necessary adjustments to your design: Revising Your Design
Become a Verified Seller
- As you wait for your first designs to arrive, verify your account in four steps: Seller Verification
Set up your Shop for the Marketplace
- Set up your shop and make it public: Personalizing Your Shop and Making it Public
- Share your designs and set them for sale: Setting Designs for Sale
- Expand your reach: Promoting Your Designs on Spoonflower and Social Media
- Consider expanding your reach through outside channels:Third-Party Marketplace Distribution
- When designs sell, you will be notified via the ‘News’ section of your My Dashboard. You can also set up email notifications: Adjusting Account Settings
Link to PayPal to Receive Commissions
You receive commissions (royalties) for your sales. All commissions will be first added to your account as Spoondollars (in-house credit) with the option for payout to PayPal once you have surpassed the minimum earned amount of USD$ 10.00.
- Set up PayPal through your Account Settings by linking into the Spoondollars tab
- Understand how commission are awarded for sales of your designs: How Commissions Work
Common Issues and FAQ
▶ Why do I need to verify my email address?
We want to be certain that you receive order confirmations, tracking information and other important Spoonflower news that you have signed up to receive. Therefore, when you create your account, we will automatically send you a welcome email with a request to verify your address. To complete the process click the link within the welcome email and then follow the prompts to sign into your account with your email address and established password.
▶ I didn't get an email about verifying my address. What should I do?
We send your verification email to the email address you've associated with your Spoonflower account. If you don't receive the verification email, first check your Spam or junk folder. It can sometimes route there. If it's not there, we recommend that you confirm that your email address is correct on the Settings tab in your Account Settings page. If it is wrong, you can update it here. Then, to re-send the address verification, click the Verify Account tab and you'll see the option to re-send your verification email there.
▶ How long does it take for approval with Seller Verification?
Once correctly submitted, your income tax form will be reviewed within 24-48 hours. When approved, a check mark will be displayed next to Step 4 in the Seller Verification tab of your Account Settings. Once all four steps have been completed, you will be an approved seller and a notification saying "Thank you! You're now a certified Spoonflower seller." will appear at the top of this section.
▶ Do I keep the copyright for my designs?
We value the copyright of all images and every artist owns the rights to their artwork. Please review Artist Copyrights. More information about copyright can also be found in our Terms of Service.
▶ Can I market my designs on Spoonflower to potential customers using other websites such as Pinterest or my own website?
Absolutely! You are more than welcome to advertise your Marketplace designs through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your blog, TikTok, or any other channel of social media. We share some helpful tips in the article Promoting Your Designs on Spoonflower and Social Media.
▶ Is it a requirement to fill out an Income Tax form if I am not a US citizen or do not have a Tax ID?
Filling out either tax form (W-9 for US taxpayer, non-US W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E) is a requirement for our Seller Verification process. If this form is not completed, it will not be possible to sell in our marketplace.
▶ What is the designer discount?
Orders you place using your personal designs will automatically receive a designer discount of 10%. This discount is applied to any item larger than a Test Swatch for fabric or wallpaper. Learn more about discounts in Bulk Fabric, Wholesale Pricing and Designer Discounts.
▶ What are some of the benefits with PRO as a designer?
If you join our Spoonflower PRO Program, you will receive unlimited half-price swatches and swatch samplers annually. This may be a boon to your pocket book over the course of a year. Other benefits include:
- Free standard shipping worldwide
- Guaranteed 1-week (5 business day) turnaround time
- Unlimited half-price swatches and swatch samplers
- Half-price expedited shipping
▶ Can I rearrange the designs in my shop?
You are not able to re-order the designs in your shop. However, we offer three different view options for customers to update when browsing within your shop. They are Best Selling, Fresh Picks, and New and can be updated by click each particular button in the upper right corner under your shop banner.
▶ How can I view the preview of my designs onto all product options?
To view how your design might look on all Spoonflower products, go to the individual design page and link through View All Products found to the left of the design preview window. This page will offer images of each product with a direct link to the product page with this design.
HINT: Right-click any of these image mockups and save a copy for your own website or social media account.