Finding coordinating designs is one of the bigger challenges when ordering fabric online. Filtering down search results to locate the best coordinating designs is a bit of an art form, and since the range of colors is essentially infinite, our technology is not yet capable at refining and collecting designs by specific colors.
There are two things to be aware of when it comes to matching fabrics in our print-on-demand Marketplace. Colors may:
- present differently from one screen to the next screen because settings will vary. Our printers are not aligned to the settings of your monitor.
- print differently on various fabrics, due to the weave of the thread and how the fabric reflects light.
With these truths in mind, you may want to consider one of the following solutions:
- Designers sometimes save individual designs as part of a collections that exist within the same color families. If a design is a part of a collection, you will find links beneath the image preview window on its product page.
- You are always welcome to contact the designer directly to seek suggestions for coordinating solids. Learn more in the article Customizing Marketplace Designs.
- Ordering a Test Swatch of a design is always the best idea to get a sense of the color. And while we hope you order much of your fabric from us, this Test Swatch should help you find complementing designs at your trusted local fabric store.
- The best way to get a sense of multiple Spoonflower patterns is by creating a free Spoonflower account, and building a collection of your favorite designs. From there you can print a Fill-A-Yard® that will allow you to review up to 42 designs for the price of one yard!