Shrinkage: Some shrinkage may occur during the both the printing process and then, in addition, during washing. Total estimated shrinkage for the base fabric(s) in your order is listed below:
- Chiffon: 0-1% in length and width.
- Poly Crepe de Chine and Eco Canvas: 0-1% in length and 1-2% in width.
- Satin and Fleece: 1-2% in length and 0-1% in width.
- Minky: 1-2% in length and 1-3% in width.
- Sport Lycra: 1-3% in length and 0-1% in width.
- Performance Pique: 1-3% in length and 1-2% in width.
- Petal Signature Cotton™: 2-3% in length and 4-5% in width.
- Modern Jersey: 2-4% in length and 0-1% in width.
- Linen Cotton Canvas: 2-4% in length and 0-2% in width.
- Cypress Cotton Canvas: 3-4% in length and 0-1% in width.
- Organic Cotton Sateen: 3-4% in length and width.
- Lightweight Cotton Twill: 4-6% in length and 1-2% in width.
- Celosia Velvet: 5-6% in length and 2-3% in width.
- Cotton Poplin: 5-6% in length and 3-4% in width.
- Dogwood Denim: 7-8% in length and 1-2% in width.
- Cotton Spandex Jersey: 7-10% in length and 1-3% in width.
- Organic Cotton Knit: 9-11% in length and 5-7% in width.
- Belgian Linen™: 11% in length and 4% in width
- Organic Sweet Pea Gauze: 14% in length and 8% width
Natural Fabrics (excluding Belgian Linen™):
For best results, we recommend washing these fabrics with phosphate free detergent in cool water using a gentle or delicate machine cycle. We also suggest washing before use.
Some fading as a result of cleaning is typical for these fabrics. This is most notable on darker shades. Front loading washers contribute to color loss due to the increased tumbling action during cleaning. Fading can be minimized through use of cool wash settings and gentle wash cycles.
Tumble dry on a low temperature or permanent press setting and remove promptly.
* Belgian Linen: Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting. Machine dry on a low temperature setting. Max temperature for both wash and dry is 100°F (38°C). To prevent wrinkling it is suggested to not fully dry the linen during laundering. Iron on the reverse side of the fabric with steam to help soften. Do not bleach.
Wash separately in cool water using a gentle machine cycle. Machine dry using a low temperature or permanent press setting and remove promptly to avoid wrinkles.
*NOTE: All woven fabrics may fray if cut edges are not finished. We highly recommend stay-stitching any cut edges of woven fabrics prior to washing and drying, as the friction of the wash/dry cycle may cause those cut edges to fray.* How you choose to finish any seams or hems of your finished product is up to you!
We recommend ironing our 100% cotton fabrics using standard settings for cotton. Steam may be used to remove wrinkles. We also recommend that you iron with the printed side down for best results.
Mineral deposits in the iron and spraying fabric with a water bottle may cause unexpected staining or marking and should be avoided.
High temperature settings may cause discoloration or crushing of linen and we recommend use of synthetic settings and a light touch for that fabric type.
If required, use an iron with a light touch on a synthetic setting only. Higher iron temperatures may result in color transfer and, in extreme cases, melting of fabric.
Gently wipe down with a damp cloth. The use of cleaner or heavy rubbing can cause color to lift.