You'll want to be logged into your Spoonflower account before you do this--the PicMonkey option only appears for users that are signed in. Don't have a Spoonflower account yet? They're free and take just a few seconds to set up.
- To create a new design using PicMonkey, click on ‘Upload’ under the ‘Design’ tab on the Spoonflower site.
- At the bottom of the ‘Upolad’ page you’ll see the option to access PicMonkey under 'Other Design Options'. You can start with a blank canvas that’s sized to fill a swatch (8” x 8”) or a fat quarter (18” x 21”) or a Linen Fat Quarter (27" x 18"). I started with a swatch to create my design.
- Once your blank PicMonkey canvas is open, you can start adding text, stamps, filters and shapes. I started with the “text” tool (accessed by clicking on the “Tt” button on the right menu) and selected options to customize the size, color and font.
- I also added a stamp from PicMonkey’s ‘overlay’ menu. You can add as many stamps and shapes as you want!
- After I tweaked the colors a bit, I cropped my image so there was just a bit of white space on all sides and clicked “save” at the top of the window. Once you’ve saved your work, click the ‘x’ in the upper right-hand corner to return to Spoonflower.
- Voila! Your design is saved in your Design Library and you can edit the size and layout of your design until it’s just right.
- I selected a half-brick repeat to give my design a staggered look and decided to print it on Spoonflower’s gift wrap. Ta-da!
Note: Our Color Changer and PicMonkey features are unavailable for images larger than a fat quarter, or 21" x 18" at 150 dpi.
If this is the case for your design you can either upload a smaller version or edit your file in a graphic design program before uploading it to Spoonflower. If you don't already have a graphic design program you feel comfortable using, you might check out some of the free and nearly-free resources we list on our help page here: What design tools do you recommend?.